Classnotes 17 November
- — November 17, 2020
- // Sweet Dreams Are Made of This
- Michel Foucault: Collecting data as act of caring for one another [[care]], [[feminism]]
- Salt life cycle: which methods, which tools? How to break down the approach, what are the next steps?
- How to push on limitations?
- XYZ Method to express volume (Joelle’s Twitter project to map data)
- Data Metaphor: Use what data tells us already as inspiration. #nature as inspiration, where [[Design]] processes are already embodied in the DNA
- Existing Grammar: Forms/shapes that data already generates (soundwaves, etc)
- machine : Data that uses machine and the way it acts. [[Material]] also has a behaviour/[[agency]] that we can use. Projects: MakerBot by artist Lia
- How can data materialise?
- Infuse something to make material transformable/reactive: air, liquid,…
Ethics of wearables
- Negotiation human-machines / control / who controls the machine?
- Who gets to use it?
- Film: Sleepworker
- Teaching body awareness
- [[open source]] exoskeleton
- Preventing suicides, preventing self harm behaviour (drug abuse)
- Magenband > exoskeleton for inside?
- bike helmet as exoskeleton? > protection is most widely used application
- Strap on as exoskeleton?